You read that right! We’ve created a Grape Snack Cake Recipe! It’s easy to think of grapes as a stand alone item; as a side snack in your lunch, an accoutrement on a charcuterie board, wine….you get the idea. But, because we believe in having fun with produce we baked up the Grape Snack Cake! This grape-forward dessert has all the components of a spongy and pillowy cake accompanied with our Winter Crunch® Grapes.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Winter Crunch® Grapes let us introduce you! These grapes are at their peak from October to December, and with longer growing season they take on a crunchier, sweeter and bigger-bodied grape. They make the perfect personal snack, accoutrement, or, a standout role in recipes!
Order Winter Crunch® Grapes here!
Interested in learning about other varietals of grapes? Click here for an informative guide!
Grape Snack Cake
- Stand Mixer
- 9 inch Cake Pan or Springform Pan
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 each eggs
- 1 each zest from one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups Winter Crunch® grapes washed, dried and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Cover the bottom of a9-inch cake pan or springform pan with parchment paper. Grease and flour pan and parchment liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition. Mix in vanilla and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Turn mixer to low. Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Coat the bottom of the prepared pan with brown sugar in an even layer. Add grapes and make sure they completely cover the bottom of the pan. Carefully spoon batter over grapes and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, when it comes out clean it's done. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before turning out of the pan. Enjoy with whipped cream or dust with powdered sugar.