If you’re potato lovers like we are, then these Greek Baby Potatoes with Lemon are a must-try! When in doubt of what to make for a side dish, potatoes are our go-to. After all, you can dress them up in many different forms from mashing, baking, frying and much more. These roasted potatoes make a wonderful accompaniment to all sorts of dishes from chicken to beef to lamb. The Greek-style seasonings such as lemon, garlic and oregano give them a flavor unlike any potatoes you may have eaten before. This simple side is sure to become a regular on your dining repertoire, we promise.
No one likes soggy potatoes, especially when it comes to sautéing them. The secret to getting them extra crispy? One. Make sure the pan is extra hot. Once you throw on the potatoes, you should hear them sizzle. Two. No overcrowding the pan! If you need to, cook them in batches instead. Not leaving enough room in between will steam the potatoes instead. The end result should be potatoes that are both crispy on the outside and mealy on the inside. Try this recipe alongside a hearty meat dish such as these Grilled Lamb Chops with Roasted Hatch Chiles!
Many different potato varieties would work for these Greek Baby Potatoes. However, nothing beats our bestselling Baby Dutch Yellow® Potatoes. With their light gold-colored skins and buttery texture, these are the quintessential baby potato you’ll want to get your hands on. Besides sautéing them, you can cook them in nearly any way imaginable! For more delicious serving ideas and combinations, check out the photo above!
Have you had our DYPs® before? What’s your favorite way to enjoy them? We’d love to hear more of your
Greek Baby Dutch Potatoes with Lemon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds baby dutch yellow® potatoes (DYP's) cut in half
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves minced
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add DYP's halves in a single layer.
- Cook until browned about 5 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over being careful not to break them. Brown the other side.
- Turn heat down to low, cover and cook the potatoes until tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- When potatoes are tender, add garlic-lemon mixture and stir gently to coat all potatoes.
- Cook until just heated.