Irish Banger Skillet
This easy one pan dinner is perfect for St. Patty's Day! Irish Banger Sausages, Dutch Yellow® potatoes, carrots and cabbage round out this meal!
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Irish Banger Sausages
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Sweet Onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Melissa’s Peeled Garlic minced
- 2 large Carrots peeled; sliced
- 1 lb. Melissa’s Dutch Yellow® Potatoes sliced
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Melissa’s Organic Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Melissa’s Organic Green Cabbage shredded
- 14 1/2 oz Diced Tomatoes canned
- 6 sprigs Fresh Thyme
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and sear the bangers.
Remove the bangers from the pan and set aside.
Add the butter to the pan and melt it. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes and season with the salt and pepper.
Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring often.
Mix in the cabbage and nestle the bangers into the mixture.
Pour the canned tomatoes over the top and add the thyme.
Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until the sausage is completely cooked through.
Calories: 434kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 15gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 663mgPotassium: 873mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 4637IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 3mg