New Mexico Hatch Pepper Chili
Bring the New Mexico heat straight to your kitchen with this tasty New Mexico Hatch Pepper Chili!
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Melissa's Perfect Sweet Onion chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 rib Celery chopped
- 1 clove Melissa's Peeled Garlic minced
- 1 bottle Porter beer
- 2 New Mexico Hatch Peppers roasted; peeled and seeded; diced
- 3/4 pound Ground beef
- 3/4 pound Beer brats casing removed
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Whole tomatoes
- 3 packages Melissa's Steamed Kidney Beans
- 1 (8 oz) can Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Chipotle Chili Pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cayenne pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
Add the onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic. Cook until heated through and onions are translucent. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve hot.