Straight from New Mexico, this New Mexico Hatch Pepper Chili is the perfect way to spice up your summertime! Easy to make and filled with delicious spices to ensure the tastiest meal.
Make for friends and family, or freeze for later, and enjoy!
New Mexico Hatch Pepper Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Melissa's Perfect Sweet Onion chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 rib Celery chopped
- 1 clove Melissa's Peeled Garlic minced
- 1 bottle Porter beer
- 2 New Mexico Hatch Peppers roasted; peeled and seeded; diced
- 3/4 pound Ground beef
- 3/4 pound Beer brats casing removed
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Whole tomatoes
- 3 packages Melissa's Steamed Kidney Beans
- 1 (8 oz) can Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Chipotle Chili Pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cayenne pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic. Cook until heated through and onions are translucent. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve hot.
PIN THIS POST!