Tropical Fruit Salsa
When it comes to party food, salsa has always reigned supreme. Salsa, to put it simply, translates into the word, “sauce.” However, if you’ve ever tasted an exceptional one, you’ll know that it’s so much more than that. With summer right around the corner, we like to get creative during the warm, sunshine-filled months. With so much delicious produce available this season, why stick to regular salsa anyways? Think outside the basic tomato this summer and dip into this Tropical Fruit Salsa instead. It’s both fun and colorful and sure to make a big splash at any of your outdoor soirees.
This tropical fruit salsa is sweet, tangy, spicy and everything in between. Besides red, ripe roma tomatoes, we also use some of our favorite tropical fruits to give it that island-inspired flavor. Take South African Baby Pineapples for example. If you’ve never tasted them before, you’re in for a real treat. These sweet, tart pineapples may be small in size but are rich and bold in flavor. Add some of our ripe mangoes to the mix because nothing says tropical like they do. Jicama and pomegranate arils brings this salsa a much desired crunch. And the serrano chile brings gives it the right amount of spicy heat to balance it all out.
A tropical fruit salsa makes the perfect accompaniment to so many different foods. Spoon it on top of grilled fish and chicken or add it to seafood tacos. Mix it into a salad to give it a fun island twist. Or if you prefer to keep things simple, serve it with your favorite tortilla chips. However you choose to enjoy it, you best believe that paradise is only a dip into this salsa away.
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1/4 Melissa's Perfect Sweet Onion or White Onion peeled; diced small
- 1 serrano chile stem removed; minced
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes diced small
- 1 Melissa's South African Baby Pineapple peeled; diced small
- 1 ripe mango peeled; seeded; diced small
- 3/4 cup Melissa's Jicama peeled; diced small
- 1 package Melissa's Pomegranate Arils
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons Melissa's Fresh Cilantro chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add the onion, chile and tomatoes.
- Next, add the pineapple, mango, jicama and pomegranate arils.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- Add the cilantro and salt and mix well.