Smashed Baby Potatoes add a tasty twist to the Thanksgiving table. While slightly less traditional than mashed russet potatoes, Baby Dutch Yellow® taste even better, with buttery flesh and thin skins. They also help you save time. Don’t bother peeling all those slippery potatoes, putting them in lemon water, boiling them, and mashing in batches. Instead, just boil the baby potatoes, then smash. Sounds fun, right?!
These baby potatoes can be cooked in almost any way imaginable and provide a delicious way to round out a healthy diet. They have a light, subtle flavor and a creamy texture. To preserve the nutrients in these wonderfully healthy treats, leave the skins on and simply scrub gently in water before using.
Dutch Yellow® Smashed Baby Potatoes with Green Onion and Sour Cream
- 3 pounds baby dutch yellow® potatoes (DYP’s)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 3 ounces Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork-tender. Drain and add to a large, wide bowl.
- Smash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in chopped green onions, butter and sour cream. Season to taste.