When you mix simple ingredients together, sometimes it makes the best of combos. With Melissa’s Baby Heirloom Tomatoes in season, creating the perfect Bruschetta for Fourth of July festivities is a must! Although this appetizer seems too easy to be taken seriously, the mix between heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, pesto and ribbons of basil creates a masterpiece of a savory snack.
We all know Fourth of July screams drinks, but who would pass up a tasty snack to have on the side? The colorful arrangement that the tomatoes make with their variety of pigments is perfect for creating a centerpiece for snacks! You can create a red, yellow and green rainbow with the tomatoes to color coordinate your Bruschetta for a fun decor piece!
All this talk about Bruschetta is making us hungry, let’s get to making this tasty snack!
Baby Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
- 3 French rolls thinly sliced
- Olive Oil Spray
- Melissa’s Italian Seasoning Spice Grinder to taste
- 16 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- 1/4 cup Melissa's Italian Style Basil Pesto
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 (10 oz.) package Melissa’s Baby Heirloom Tomatoes sliced
- 12 Fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spray the bread slices with the olive oil and season them with the grinder. Place in the oven and bake until toasted, about 6-8 minutes.
- To assemble, place a cheese slice on each toasted bread. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pesto and red wine vinegar. Add the tomatoes and gently toss.
- Place the tomatoes on the cheese-topped toasts, garnish with the basil ribbons and serve.