When you mix simple ingredients together, sometimes it makes the best of combos. With Melissa’s Baby Heirloom Tomatoes in season, creating the perfect Bruschetta for Fourth of July festivities is a must! Although this appetizer seems too easy to be taken seriously, the mix between heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, pesto and ribbons of basil creates a masterpiece of a savory snack.
We all know Fourth of July screams drinks, but who would pass up a tasty snack to have on the side? The colorful arrangement that the tomatoes make with their variety of pigments is perfect for creating a centerpiece for snacks! You can create a red, yellow and green rainbow with the tomatoes to color coordinate your Bruschetta for a fun decor piece!
All this talk about Bruschetta is making us hungry, let’s get to making this tasty snack!
Baby Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
This Baby Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta by Chef Tom Fraker is a perfect appetizer filled with seasonal heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto, and fresh basil.
- 3 French rolls (thinly sliced)
- Olive Oil Spray
- Melissa’s Italian Seasoning Spice Grinder (to taste)
- 16 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Melissa’s Italian Style Basil Pesto
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 (10 oz.) package Melissa’s Baby Heirloom Tomatoes (sliced)
- 12 Fresh basil leaves (cut into ribbons)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spray the bread slices with the olive oil and season them with the grinder. Place in the oven and bake until toasted, about 6-8 minutes.
- To assemble, place a cheese slice on each toasted bread. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pesto and red wine vinegar. Add the tomatoes and gently toss.
- Place the tomatoes on the cheese-topped toasts, garnish with the basil ribbons and serve.