Stay Chill All July With This Independence Day Cooler
It might be called the Independence Day Cooler, but in reality, you can make this drink all summer long! Who doesn’t love a wine cooler full of juicy, delicious fruit? This recipe mixes all your favorites together for the perfect drink to sip on during 4th of July festivities! Whether you’re going to be outside lounging by the pool or having guests over at night to watch the fireworks, a fruit-filled cooler will satisfy your thirst while keeping it fun and fresh. This recipe is an easy way to dress up any wine you might have sitting around and make it into a super tasty treat to have during all the fun festivities.
The best part of the recipe is the fun star-cut apples that serve as playful decor within the cooler while also providing sweet apple juice, along with a nice crunch for when you’ve drunk the last drops in your glass. And although rambutan isn’t a common fruit to add to a cooler, you will be surprised at how nicely the floral accents help put together all the sweet flavors.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
Independence Day Cooler
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Chardonnay
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Melissa's Organic Blue Agave Syrup
- 3/4 pound Harry's Berries Strawberries sliced
- 1 (8 oz.) container Melissa's Rambutan peeled; seeds removed; sliced
- 1 (6 oz.) container fresh blueberries
- 1 Red Delicious Apple
- 1/2 liter sparkling natural mineral water
- In a large pitcher, pour in the wine and stir in the lime juice and agave.
- Add the strawberries, rambutan, and blueberries to the pitcher.
- Slice the apple crosswise and, using a star-shaped cookie cutter, make stars out of the apple slices. Or, you can cut them freehand.
- Add the apple stars to the pitcher.
- Place the pitcher into the refrigerator and chill overnight.
- To serve, add ice to drinking glasses.
- Stir the sparkling water into the pitcher.
- Pour into the glasses and top with some of the fruit.