If you’re a Hatch Chile lover like us, or just like to kick-up your chicken wings, you have to try this hatch chile chicken wings recipe!
Here are some facts about Hatch chiles:
- One fresh medium-sized green chile pod has as much Vitamin C as six oranges.
- One teaspoon of dried red chile powder has the daily requirements of Vitamin A.
- Hot chile peppers burn calories by triggering a termodynamic burn in the body, which speeds up the metabolism.
- Teas and lozenges are made with chile peppers for treatment of sore throat.
- Capsaicinoids, the chemical that make chile peppers hot, are used in muscle patches for sore and aching muscles
Hatch Chile Chicken Wings
For the rub:
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
6 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Pepper
3 tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 tablespoons Onion Powder
2 tablespoons Hatch Chile Powder
For the wings:
3 lbs. Chicken Wings
1 cup Honey BBQ Sauce
2 tablespoons Sriracha
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a bowl, combine the rub ingredients. Add the wings to the bowl and toss and rub the wings with the seasonings. Place the wings, in a single layer, on a greased baking pan. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the BBQ Sauce, Sriracha and Hatch Chiles. Toss the wings with ½ of the mixture and bake them for another 10 minutes. Toss the wings with the remaining sauce and bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Top the wings with the zest of the limes, squeeze the lime juice over them and serve.
Makes 4-6 servings.