A simple pasta dish is a necessity in any kitchen. This quick, simple delicious Lemon-Basil Artichokes with Pasta dish gives the feel of an exquisite dining experience, while utilizing simple everyday ingredients.
BTW… have you seen those steamed artichoke hearts in the produce department? Talk about making cooking easy! At first, or second glance, fresh artichokes can be intimidating to cook with. But the steamed artichoke hearts are a lifesaver. The artichoke hearts (the best part really) are already extracted from the whole thistle so you don’t have to put in too much elbow grease to enjoy. No more getting stabbed in the fingers.
Although many would consider an artichoke a vegetable, they are actually a variety of thistle. A thistle is the common name of a group of flowering plants characterized by leaves with sharp prickles on the margin. Artichokes are a nutrient powerhouse and full of anti-oxidizing properties that work wonders for the body. Because many people consider an artichoke to be a vegetable, they are number one in term of antioxidant count over all vegetables. Artichokes are said to help in the prevention of serious conditions, such as heart disease and cancer and to have a nourishing effect on the liver and digestive tract.
Toss pasta with fresh squeezed lemon and fresh crisp basil to enjoy a light, flavorful dish any time of the year. Eat this dish alone or pair with a side salad of fresh greens and your choice of protein for a full balanced meal.
Lemon-Basil Artichokes with Pasta
- 1 package Melissa's Steamed Artichokes
- 1/4 pound spaghetti cooked
- 1/2 package Melissa's Pine Nuts slightly toasted
- 1/2 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons basil minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the artichokes, spaghetti, pine nuts and shallot. In another bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, juice, basil and salt and pepper. Add the mixture to the other bowl, toss and serve.