When it comes to weekend mornings, it doesn’t get better than breakfast in bed. Whether you’re treating Mom or that special someone, breakfast in bed is the perfect way to show them you care. As the saying goes, the way to anyone’s heart is through their stomach. And what could beat waking up with a special surprise and delicious meal in the morning? We can’t think of many things. If you’re looking for a recipe that’s sure to impress, then say good morning to these Strawberry Crepes with Pixie Tangerine Caramel!
Strawberries and crepes go together hand-in-hand like peanut butter and jelly. There’s something magical about its combination; you feel like you’re having breakfast and dessert at the same time! To assemble these crepes, we’ve folded fresh, juicy strawberries from Harry’s Berries into a luscious, creamy filling. You can use either mascarpone or Greek yogurt. Either way, these will be the most exquisite crepes your special someone will ever taste.
To pull off a spectacular breakfast, it’s the little details matter. The perfect citrus is succulently sweet, balanced and bright. Therefore, we’ve chosen Ojai Pixie Tangerines for this recipe. Pixie Tangerines taste just like the sunshine from the Ojai Valley and make an excellent ingredient in a variety of dishes, from breakfast to dessert. Their unique flavor really shines in the delicious, sticky caramel sauce we’ve created to drizzle over these crepes. Caramel sauce is already decadent on its own with its burnt sugary sweetness. However, if you haven’t tried it with tangerine juice before, prepare to be mind-blown. The tangerine juice adds an intense and complex flavor to the caramel unlike any other.
Brighten up your special someone’s morning with these elegant, fruit-filled crepes and you’ll be sure to win their heart. To save on time and effort, use our crepes for this recipe. They’re fresh, conveniently ready to use and a deliciously simple way to make other desserts, side dishes and main courses.
Strawberry Crepes with Pixie Tangerine Caramel
- 1 pound Harry's Berries sliced thin
- 12 ounces mascarpone or greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 6 Melissa's Crepes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 Ojai Pixie Tangerines juiced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Beat the mascarpone or Greek yogurt and powdered sugar with an electric beater until smooth and fluffy. Add lemon juice and zest; beat to combine. Gently mix in strawberries. Refrigerate until ready for plating.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepot. Cook on high, stirring until sugar dissolves. Continue to boil, without stirring, until liquid becomes a rich caramel color. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in tangerine juice. It will bubble up. Once caramel bits dissolve, add zest and butter; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble, place one crepe on a dessert plate, spread strawberry cream along the center, and roll up. Drizzle sauce over the top. Garnish with tangerine segments and strawberries.