Irish Sausage Skillet
How to Make: Irish Bangers (sausage) Skillet
Irish Banger Skillet
This easy one pan dinner is perfect for St. Patty's Day! Irish Banger Sausages, Dutch Yellow® potatoes, carrots and cabbage round out this meal!
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Irish Banger Sausages
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Sweet Onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Melissa’s Peeled Garlic minced
- 2 large Carrots peeled; sliced
- 1 lb. Melissa’s Dutch Yellow® Potatoes sliced
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Melissa’s Organic Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Melissa’s Organic Green Cabbage shredded
- 14 1/2 oz Diced Tomatoes canned
- 6 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and sear the bangers.
- Remove the bangers from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt it. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes and season with the salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix in the cabbage and nestle the bangers into the mixture.
- Pour the canned tomatoes over the top and add the thyme.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until the sausage is completely cooked through.
Calories: 434kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 15gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 663mgPotassium: 873mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 4637IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!