In honor of National Potato Month, let’s have a potato party! For those who can’t get enough of them, this is the time of the year for you. With so many different ways to enjoy potatoes, it’s no wonder they’ve earned their place as one of the nation’s most popular vegetables. Although they may look simple and unadorned, do not underestimate them. They’re actually the all-stars in the world of produce. From baking to mashing to frying, the question begs: what can you NOT do with potatoes? And with so many wonderful varieties out there, when it comes to making the most of them, the sky is the limit. This month, we’re honoring them with the Ultimate Potato Recipe Roundup. Hopefully, these incredible, one-of-a-kind recipes inspire you to get out there and celebrate all the wonderful things about these spectacular spuds!
Fun Facts about Potatoes
- According to The Packer, potatoes topped the list as the most popular vegetable in the Fresh Trends 2018 Survey.
- Russets are the most popular variety of choice followed by red potatoes, white potatoes and Yukon Gold, respectively.
- Potatoes grow in all 50 states of the USA and in about 125 countries throughout the world.
- Some people discount the nutritional value of potatoes due to their starchiness. However, contrary to popular belief, they are actually extremely rich in nutrients with vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, fiber and other minerals.
- 20 percent of nutrition in a potato is in the skin with the rest in the flesh.
- Potatoes were the first vegetable to be grown in space in a partnership between NASA and the University of Wisconsin, Madison in October 1995.
15 Minute French Potato Salad by A Communal Table
Twice Fried Dutch Yellow® Potatoes by Melissa’s Corporate Chefs
Bacon Basil Hasselback Dutch Yellow® Potatoes by Cooking on the Weekends
Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes by The Mom 100
Greek Baby Potatoes with Lemon by Real Food, Mostly Plants
Spicy Cheeba Gold Potato Salad by The Devil Wears Parsley
Creamy Potato Soup by Cooking Classy
Okinawan Sweet Potato and Dutch Yellow® Potato Chips by Melissa’s Corporate Chefs
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes by Mama’s Gotta Bake
Crispy Baby Potatoes with Homemade Herb Butter by Delicious Table
Smashed Baby Dutch Yellow® Potatoes with Green Onions and Sour Cream by Melissa’s Corporate Chefs
Smoked Trout Potato Kale Salad by 1 Big Bite
Baby Dutch Yellow® Potatoes with Roasted Hatch Chile Vinaigrette by Melissa’s Corporate Chefs
Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Happy Healthy Mama
Coconut Curry Smashed Potato Stew by Cooking on the Weekends
Cheesy Scalloped DYPs® by Melissa’s Corporate Chefs
Smashed Roasted Baby Potatoes by The Mom 100
Mashed Potato Puffs by The Cooking Jar
Freezer Friendly Sweet Potato Brownie Bites by Project Meal Plan
Chinese Purple Sweet Potato Buns by China Sichuan Food