Watch how to make this Southwestern Potato Salad:
Southwestern Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs baby dutch yellow® potatoes (DYP's) halved
- 1 cup Dry White Wine Vinegar
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 oz chipotle salsa
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ea Fire Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 3 ea corn on the cob roasted and kernels removed
- 2 ea green onions diced
- 2 tbsp parsley
- Put the bundle in a medium saucepan along with the wine and garlic.
- Tie the thyme, parsley, rosemary, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen twine.
- Dice DYP's into 1-inch dice pieces and add to the saucepan.
- Add cold water to cover by 1 inch and the salt and Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Drain the potatoes, and discard the herb bundle.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: In a large bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, spicy chipotle sauce, salt, and season with pepper, to taste.
- Gradually whisk in the oil to make a smooth dressing.
- Add the warm potatoes to the dressing and toss very gently to combine.
- Add the celery, red bell peppers and the corn and set aside to cool.
- When ready to serve, carefully fold in the parsley and scallions. Serve
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!