Are you looking for the perfect sweet treat for your Valentine’s, or Galentine’s Day? If so, you’ve come to the right place. These warm chocolate-hazelnut crepes are a delicious and easy to make dessert to celebrate this day of love. Literally, it takes ten minutes to make a chocolate-y sweet treat that’s totally Instagrammable! This recipe utilizes minimal ingredients and time AND it’s made with ingredients that are probably in your pantry, other than the crepes and berries. You can also mix up the recipe by adding your own twist; bananas, other berries, yogurt – the options are limitless! Crepes are great year-round, you can mix them up by making them sweet or savory, like some of these recipes we’ve rounded up for you from breakfast to desserts.
If you’ve never cooked with Melissa’s crepes before, what better time to try then now! For those of you who don’t know, crepes are thin French pancakes that are a blank canvas allowing consumers to open up a world of creativity. They can be an elegant main course or a delectable dessert. With asparagus and Hollandaise sauce, they make a scrumptious breakfast. With berries and your favorite yogurt or dessert sauce they create a delicious dessert.
Our friends over at Publix created these Warm Chocolate-Hazelnut Crepes on their new online cooking school show, Aprons! A great resource for those that want to learn more about cooking in the kitchen but have limited time. These Warm Chocolate-Hazelnut Crepes were one of the recipes they featured, and it’s just in time for February, the month of love! Enjoy these with your besties or loved ones!
Warm Chocolate-Hazelnut Crepes
- 12 large strawberries thinly sliced
- 4 Melissa's Crepes
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Remove stems from strawberries and slice. Place 4 crepes on a clean, dry work surface. Lightly spread about 3 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread over each crepe; fold in half, then spread about 2 tablespoons more chocolate-hazelnut spread over each. Layer even amounts strawberries over chocolate-hazelnut spread and fold crepes into quarters.
- Melt butter in a large, nonstick sauté pan over medium. Sprinkle cinnamon over melted butter, then gently lay crepes into pan; cook 30 seconds on each side. Serve crepes topped with ice cream.