We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why should we start it with fatty meats and sugar filled treats? Starting the day with a balanced breakfast complete with leafy greens helps to keep you healthy and energized throughout the day. A Breakfast Kale Stir Fry with Poached Egg is exactly what you need.
In this breakfast stir-fry, the leafy green of choice is kale. Kale is among one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet and can help to increase the total nutrient count of your diet. Not only is it loaded with antioxidants, it is high in vitamin C and one of the best sources of vitamin K. Benefits for the body include detoxification, heart support, and cancer prevention.
By now you’ve seen those steamed veggies in your produce department, but have you tried them yet? Our Steamed Six Bean Medley is a flavorful combination of white kidney, cranberry, white navy, red kidney, black-eyed and black beans that can be eaten right out of the pouch. For this recipe, we are warming those babies up and stir-frying with sausage and kale for a filling start to the day. Beans are healthy, versatile and high in antioxidants, fiber, protein, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and zinc. They are a great way to boost the nutrition power of your meal without boosting the calories and regular consumption helps decrease the risk of diabetes, heart disease and helps with weight management.
Is breakfast even breakfast without an egg? Its only right that we top off this delicious stir-fry with a poached egg for aesthetics and ultimate YUM factor.
Breakfast Kale Stir Fry with Poached Egg
- 1 lb. Sweet Sausage (casings removed)
- Water for poaching
- 4 ea Eggs
- 2 packages Melissa’s Six Bean Medley
- 2 leaves bunches Fresh Kale (ribs removed andtorn into bite size pieces)
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Shredded Parmesan (to taste)
- Heat skillet over medium high flame. Cook sausage, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Bring water to a boil in small pot to poach the eggs.
- Right before the sausage is done cooking, add the six bean medley and warm through.
- Gently drop the eggs in the boiling water for about 5 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Add the kale to bean and sausage mixture and cook until leaves are just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with shredded Parmesan and one poached egg.