You’re Going to Love Hasselback Dutch Yellow® Potatoes
Recipe by: Chef Tom Fraker
Did you know that the state of Idaho grows approximately 35 percent of the country’s potato crop? If you’re buying potatoes in the US, don’t be surprised if they hail from the state of Idaho — Some of our favorite varieties grow in this area!
Volcanic characteristics of the Idaho region have resulted in rich mineral residues known to be great soil enhancers for growing deliciously creamy spuds that you just can’t get enough of. Rich soil content combined with ideal weather conditions set the growing regions of Southern Idaho up to be the perfect place to grow Melissa’s Dutch Yellow® Potatoes.
Dutch Yellow® Potatoes – Your New Favorite Spud
Roasted, boiled, broiled or microwaved, these spuds shine no matter how you choose to cook them. No need to remove the skins, just a gentle scrub under water and they are ready to use! With a quick cook time and minimal prep, it can easily be said that these are the most user-friendly potato variety on the market. Hence, why we loved making this recipe!
DYPs consistent sizing and shape lends itself to a short cook time vs. other traditional cook times for potatoes, and because of this fun fact of DYPs, we’re putting potatoes on the table several times a week.
We fell in love with the Hasselback Dutch Yellow® Potatoes recipe when we first tried these potatoes. Not only was the recipe super easy to make and required minimal time in the kitchen, but the flavors had also us going back for seconds. This recipe is the perfect way to let this ingredient shine for whoever you plan on sharing a meal with.
You can serve Hasselback Dutch Yellow® Potatoes as a tasty appetizer at a party or as a savory side dish at dinner. Plan on making a double batch, because everyone is going to want to eat leftovers for lunch the next day.
Hasselback Dutch Yellow® Potatoes
- 1 pound Melissa’s Dutch Yellow® Potatoes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 6 cloves Melissa's Peeled Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Cut a small flat spot on each potato so it sits easily. On the top of each potato, make slices about 1/8 inch apart but only about 3/4 of the way down so you don’t cut all the way through the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes, sliced sides up, on a baking sheet and drizzle with the butter. Sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients and place into the oven.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender.