Pixie Tangerine and Baby Red Beet Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 pack Steamed beets
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 6 pieces Ojai Pixie Tangerines peeled and sectioned
- 6 pieces Ojai Pixie Tangerines peeled and juiced (about 1 cup of juice)
- 2 tbsp Agave syrup
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a bowl, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the beets and toss to coat.
- Spread the beets in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven until slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Mix well and in a large mixing bowl, gently combine the beets and tangerines and pour the vinaigrette over the top.
- Toss gently and serve over arugula or mixed greens.
I like to garnish this salad with a little crumbled bleu cheese or goat cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!