Asian Chicken Jicama Tacos
No need for take out, these tasty Asian Chicken Jicama tacos will make you think you’re dining in at your favorite restaurant! Easy to make, yet filled with flavors as if you were prepping the whole day!
Try out Melissa’s Jicama wraps to make prepping for dinner easier!
Asian Chicken Jicama Taco
- 1 package Melissa's Jicama Wraps
- 1 lb. Bone-in Chicken Thighs skin removed
- 3 Melissa's Perfect Sweet Onions divided use
- 3 cloves Melissa's Peeled Garlic
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil as needed
- 1 Green Bell Ppeper stem and seeds removed; julienned
- 1 Red Bell Pepper stem and seeds removed; julienned
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper stem and seeds removed; julienned
- 2 Carrots peeled, julienned
- 1/2 cup Hoison Sauce
- 1/2 cup Asian Orange Sauce
- 4 tbsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Peel and chop 1 onion and add that to the pot along with the garlic.
- Bring the chicken to a boil and season with salt and pepper. Gently boil for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- When it is cool enough to handle, remove the bones and shred the meat.
- Peel and thinly slice the remaining 2 onions.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, bell peppers and carrots and sauté until just tender-crisp.
- Mix the sauces, vinegar and chicken together and add to the pan. Cook until just heated through.
- Add the mixture to the jicama wraps/slices to create tacos.
PIN THIS POST!