Some of our thoughts: anytime is a good time to bake! We’ve created this Butterscotch Bread Pudding that is equally tantalizing of smell and taste and super easy to make. Our recipe calls for our butterscotch pears and golden brioche bread for that decadence. Ready, set, happy baking!
To buy the seasons best pears, click here (Butterscotch Pears)
For another baked holiday dessert that your family would love, click here (Holiday Baked Apples)
Butterscotch Pear Bread Pudding
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 3 each large Butterscotch Pears
- 6 cups stale brioche bread cut into cubes
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 each eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8X8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ½ cup sugar and stir until combined. Add pear slices in an even layer. Cook, without stirring for 8 minutes until the fruit begins to caramelize. Flip slices and cook for 5-8 minutes longer until both the fruit and the caramel are golden brown
- Meanwhile, prepare the custard by whisking together remaining ¼ cup sugar, half and half, milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Spread the bread cubes into the prepared pan. Pour custard mixture over the bread. Press down to make sure all cubes are soaked.
- Layer pear slices evenly over the top of the bread mixture. Top with remaining caramel from the skillet.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until fully set. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
- Nutritional information is an estimate