CARBS! YASSSS! I mean seriously, who doesn’t love carbs? All our low-carb diet friends, this may not be the recipe for you. Then again…there’s always cheat day! So it’s decided then, you’ll totally be devouring these Oaxaca Chile-Parmesan Puffed swirls. Lucky you!
The coastal state of Oaxaca, Mexico is known for producing some of the most flavorful chile peppers available in the market. Our chiles have been smoked-dried in a traditional slow cook process that produces a sharp, lingering heat with an intense spicy flavor. When you combine these powerful chiles with gooey, parmesan cheese and bake to perfection, it’ll be hard to resist the golden brown spirals staring back at you. No worries, no need to resist! This recipe makes about 6-8 pieces and if you decide sharing isn’t for you, well we won’t tell anyone!
Oaxaca Chile-Parmesan Puffed Swirls
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 3 pieces dried oaxaca chiles
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup parmesan cheese onto a sheet of parchment paper and lay the pastry sheet on top.
- Lightly press down on the pastry.
- Grind the Oaxaca Chiles in a spice grinder until fine like powder.
- Sprinkle ½ of the chile and the rest of the cheese all over the pastry.
- Tightly roll the pastry and then cut it into ½ – inch rounds.
- Place them on a baking sheet line with a lightly greased sheet of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chile over the discs.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.