People, there is a time and a place for everything. Here at Melissa’s, we believe that we all have a little Iron Chef in us (though whether you choose to let him or her out is another story, huh?). Sometimes you want to impress your family and friends (or yourself!) with something fancy like Oaxaca Chile-Pineapple Glazed Ham or Wild Mushroom Risotto with Egg. Other times you literally just want to make it through the night without having a meltdown ruining dinner. Enter this Cold Chinese Noodle Salad. Easy, healthy, delicious- the perfect weeknight dinner or make-ahead lunch.
Over the years, Martin Yan has taught us everything we know about Asian Cooking Essentials. We took that foundation and applied it to some common recipe desires of the modern American foodie: quick, tasty, full of nutrients, and bonus (!) plant-based protein. We chose red bell peppers, cucumbers, asparagus, carrots, edamame, and snap and sno peas for their varying colors and textures. But you could also add or substitute things like mushrooms, broccoli, watercress, or baby bok choy. Our fresh Chinese Noodles make a perfect base for a variety of ingredients, and we’re confident that the delicious Asian dressing that we’ve crafted for you will make just about any combination of vegetables taste great. Enjoy!
Love the Cold Chinese Noodle Salad, and looking for more Asian-inspired food? Check out our free Chinese New Year Recipe eBook!
Cold Chinese Noodle Salad
- 1 package Melissa's Fresh Chinese Noodles
- 2 Melissa's Mini Cucumbers ends trimmed; julienned
- 2 carrots ends trimmed; peeled; julienned
- 1 red bell pepper stem and seeds removed; julienned
- 1 cup Sno Peas strings removed
- 1 cup Snap Peas strings removed; halved on the bias
- 1 6 oz. package Melissa's Shelled Edamame
- 8 Asparagus Spears ends trimmed; blanched; cut into bite size pieces
For the Dressing
- 3/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves Melissa's Peeled Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger minced
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds lightly toasted
- Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions. Place the noodles into a serving bowl. Add the cucumbers and the next 6 ingredients. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the salad and serve.