How to Make a Fresh Berry Salad with Chef Ross and Omar Miller
‘Ballers’ star Omar Miller learns how to make a fresh berry salad with Hatch Chile Pecans, from La Galaxy’s Executive Chef Ross Luciano!
Fresh sweet berries, crisp greens, crunchy pecans and a drizzle of our dijon vinaigrette all adds up to one of our favorite seasonal berry salads.
We are huge fans of hearty salads year-round, so when we heard about this fresh salad being served at one of LA premier sporting venues we had to know more!
The heart of this recipe screams California and whether you have vacationed there or are a resident, you know how comforting a fresh salad could be on a warm day.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES, RASPBERRIES AND PECANS:
- Blueberries are high in antioxidants, neutralize free radicals which can affect disease and again, promotes urinary tract health, and improves brain and heart health.
- Raspberries contain high levels of assorted vitamins and minerals, including potassium, calcium, and carotinoids. They also help fight inflammatory conditions,such as arthritis and gout, and are high in antioxidants, which help fight aging and can slow cancer growth.
- Pecans are an excellent source of protein, while adding fiber, iron, calcium and vitamins A, B, and C to diet. They can also help lower cholesterol, increase heart health, and help with weight control.
Fresh Berry Salad with Hatch Chile Pecans
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 leaves fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
For the Salad:
- 10 cups spring mix
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 ea red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 cup Melissa's hatch pepper pecans
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spring mix and the next 5 ingredients. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Sprinkle in the goat cheese and pecans and serve.