Everyone seems to have to their own version of homemade guacamole. With outdoor BBQ season coming up, you can expect to see plenty of this dip making its appearance. And although we do enjoy a traditional guacamole at any time of the year, we’re looking at this Grilled Corn and Black Bean Guacamole for the summertime. Think of this recipe as its jazzed out south of the border cousin!
The perfect guacamole begins with the best ingredients, we like to believe. Avocados, lime juice, garlic are all quintessential to the classic Mexican staple. However, have you ever tasted it with the addition of grilled corn and black beans? Brace yourself because it’s a mind blowing combination. The flavors and textures in this corn and black bean guacamole come together so beautifully with the creamy avocados. Just a little bit of serrano chiles bring the right amount of heat. In fact, you just may kick yourself for not trying it out earlier. Luckily, we’ve got you covered for this summer.
Fire up the grill and throw on the fresh corn, along with your other favorite summer vegetables. And after you’ve whipped up this guacamole, serve with tortilla chips, sandwiches, burgers or even grilled fish.
Grilled Corn and Black Bean Guacamole
- 1 serrano chile stem removed; minced
- 4 avocados peeled and seeded
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cloves Melissa's Peeled Garlic minced
- 1 large roma tomato diced small
- 2 ears corn grilled; kernels removed from the cob
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans rinsed; drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Place the chile and avocados in a large bowl and mash. Stir in the lime juice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour and serve with chips.