Happy Friday! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere and this is the perfect reason to celebrate with a refreshing cocktail. A Roasted Jalapeno and Cucumber Margarita is the cocktail you need to add to your arsenal of drinks now. With the spicy heat of the jalapeno and the cool refreshing cucumber, this drink is the perfect blend of hot and cold. With summer quickly approaching, this Roasted Jalapeno and Cucumber Margarita will keep you cool in even the warmest of temperatures.
The cucumbers in this refreshing drink are none other than Melissa’s Mini Cucumbers. Melissa’s Mini Cucumbers have a thin skin which does not require peeling. They are available year-round out of California and are “burp-less” cucumbers that are practically seedless. They can be sliced into salads, cut into spears and served with a dip, or used in sandwiches and wraps. Combine with yogurt or sour cream and serve with curry dishes; they may also be cooked briefly and added to soups and sauces. But, today we are talking margaritas, so let’s get back to that.
You may wonder why the jalapeno should be roasted before being added to the cocktail. Roasting the jalapenos helps to bring out all the yummy flavors and sweet heat that jalapenos are known and loved for. So grab those jalapenos and let’s get to roasting! Crisp mini cucumbers bring the freshness to this uber cool cocktail. Add a bit of tequila and triple sec and you’ve got yourself a drink!
Full of flavor, the perfect margarita is about fresh flavors that let the tequila shine through. Trust us, you can’t get this same delicious flavor with a bottle of margarita mix from your local grocery store. The fresh, crisp flavors in this Roasted Jalapeno and Cucumber Margarita are unmatched. Raise your glass and let’s cheers to the freakin’ weekend!
Roasted Jalapeno and Cucumber Margarita
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 3 slices Fresh Ginger chopped
- 1 Melissa's Mini Cucumbers ends trimmed; chopped
- 2 tablespoons Melissa's Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 3/4 cups tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Melissa's Organic Blue Agave Syrup
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- kosher salt
- Char the jalapeño, on all sides, on the grill or stove top burner. Remove the stem and chop. Place the pepper, ginger, cucumber and cilantro into a bowl. Using a spoon or large round handle, mash ("muddle") them to bring out the flavors. Fill half of a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the salt. Place the cap on the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of 2 margarita glasses. Pour the kosher salt onto a plate and dip the glasses into the salt to coat the rim. Pour the drink into the glasses. Makes 2 servings.