Braised Rice Noodles with Choy Sum
- 6 ounces rice stick noodles
- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast sliced thin
- 1/4 pound shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 carrot sliced on the diagonal
- 1 stalk celery sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 onion cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound yu choy sum cut in 3" pieces.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook rice stick noodles for 1 minute. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Cut noodles into about 4 inch lengths.
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and choy sum and cook until shrimp is pink, about 1 minute. Add carrot, celery, onion, and bell pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add noodles, broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently, until vegetables and noodles are tender and liquid is absorbed, 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe By Chef Martin Yan
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!