Watermelon Salad That Will Make Your Mouth Water
Watermelons and feta cheese? They’re not the first combination you’d think of unless you’ve read our melon pairing blog post. If that’s the case, then you might be a bit more familiar with sweet and savories mixing together to create bursts of flavor. However, unlike the melon pairing post, we are focusing on just watermelon and its many savory counterparts, combined into a juicy watermelon salad. This recipe is super delicious, and perfect for summer picnics, pool parties, or just a nice side dish to add to your dinner menu. Taking a bite into a fresh watermelon has to be one of the most refreshing feelings. And the mixture of colors, between the red and yellow watermelon mixed with the cucumber, olives and feta cheese is perfect for making any dinner table pop.
Growing up in the hot Southern California summer, having watermelon was a tradition. With this recipe, you get almost a modern twist on a childhood ritual. As time goes by, our recipes begin to transform similar to our tastebuds. We can still go for a juicy piece of watermelon, but creating this beautiful salad out of this simple fruit will make you appreciate the subtle yet refreshing flavors that much more.
Finally, let’s dive into this recipe and keep the summer vibes going!
Greek Red and Yellow Watermelon Salad
- 2 cups Cubed red watermelon
- 2 cups Cubed yellow watermelon
- 2 Melissa's Mini Cucumbers diced
- 1 cup Pitted Kalamata olives diced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 8 oz. Cubed Feta cheese
- 1 cup Melissa's fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 cloves Melissa's Peeled Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Melissa's seedless lemon juiced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the red watermelon and the next 6 ingredients and gently mix.
- In another bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and add to the watermelon bowl. Gently mix and serve.